What are card's spending restrictions?
Restrict spending on cards to certain amounts or to certain rules.
How do you set spending restrictions on a card?
Any admin or reviewer with spending authorization can add or edit spending restrictions on a card.
- Go to the Cards page
- Click on the card
- Under "Spending Restrictions", you can view the various spending restrictions on the card.
Restrict using amounts
The dollar amount tied to the card based on four different times frames:
- Budget: this means the amount is static or the total can't be exceeded.
- There is an option to make the card "For single use", meaning the card can only be used once. Once the card has been used, the card will be automatically suspended.
- Daily: Whatever amount is entered, i.e. $1000, can't be exceeded in one day.
- Weekly: Whatever amount is entered, i.e. $1000, can't be exceeded in a week or 7-day period.
- Monthly: Whatever amount is entered, i.e. $1000, can't be exceeded in a month or 30-day period.
Restrict using rules
Add spending rules to restrict which expenses are allowed on a card.
Manage Spending Rules
Add a max amount of money the card can use per day.
Example: A daily limit of $50 means that per day, the user can only use the card up to $50.
Enter any amount, so a transaction can't exceed that amount.
Example: A $500 transaction limit means any transaction on the card can't be more than $500.
Add date restrictions to limit spending to certain dates.
Example: A card with date restrictions from Dec 12 to Dec 26 will have the card only work starting from Dec 12. On Dec 26, the card will be suspended. It doesn't mean the card expires, an admin/reviewer can reactivate the card or adjust the end date, so it can be used again.
The dates are inclusive depending on the user's computer's timezone.
Ex: In this screenshot, the card would be active all of December 3 and all of December 26th.
Set the card so it can only be used at certain merchants. Select up to 10 merchants where the card can only be used.
Example: A card set to "Food & Drinks" may only be used at food and drink locations.