Purchase requests are great for employees with infrequent or occasional spend on online purchases. This can include expenses like flights, hotels, or software.
Create a purchase request
Any member of an account can create a purchase request by clicking the Purchase Request section under the Personal tab and Submit Purchase Request.
Complete the purchase request by filling in the details for the amount, description, and date. Add any merchant restrictions, custom field or location information, and any expense categories related to your request.
Once submitted, the request can be reviewed or approved by any admin, accountant, or reviewer with spending privileges within your department.
Creating purchase requests as an Admin
If you want to create a purchase request for a specific card as an Admin, because the card might not be assigned to you, you will not be able to see the card as an option in the Purchase Request page.
To create a purchase for a specific card:
1) Go to the Cards page
2) Click on the card you want to create a purchase request for
3) Under the card, click on "More" and "Request Purchase"
Automatically Approve Purchase Requests
Save time and reduce the potential for unauthorized spending by creating rules to automatically approve purchase requests. Admins, accountants and reviewers can click Expense Policy to view the Purchase Requests section.
Admins can click Add Rule to construct certain conditions for an automatic approval of a purchase request.
Choose from the following options when creating a rule:
- under the amount: dollar amount of request, i.e. over $100
- with expenses for: add any merchant restrictions for the request
- with a category of: select one category from your list (i.e. GL codes)
- with a custom field of: only automatically approve requests associated with a specific custom field
- with a location of: only automatically approve requests associated with a certain location
Only one of these options is required to create a purchase request approval rule. Make as many purchase request approval rules as needed for your business.
Once a purchase request is approved, the funds are available immediately. Balances reset to the standard amount at the end of the week/month.