By using the Chrome extension, you can connect Emburse with QuickBooks Online (QBO).
How to download the Chrome extension
Follow the instructions here for how to download the Chrome extension.
How to connect Emburse and QBO
After downloading the Chrome extension, log onto QuickBooks Online.
1. From the banking page, click the "Add account" button.
2. On this modal, you should see a new option for Emburse.
3. After clicking the Emburse option, you'll have to login to your Emburse account to authenticate. This gives your Chrome extension access to read necessary information from your Emburse account as well as privilege to update accounting fields on transactions in Emburse.
4. To authorize, simply click "Authorize Application." After a successful authorization, you will be directed to select a QuickBooks account to connect to.
5. Under "Quickbooks Account," select "Add new."
6. Create a new account for "Emburse"
7. Select the "Emburse" account, then press "Next"
8. The Chrome extension will then download and sync the transactions from Emburse. This may take a few moments. After it completes, click "Let's go!" and your account is now connected.
9. The first time you visit the banking page after connecting an Emburse account, you'll see some settings modals. These are optional settings that allow you to customize what fields are auto-populated from your Emburse account and how they will match to QuickBooks fields.
10. Matched fields from Emburse will show up as purple in your reconciliation UI.
11. Matched fields from Emburse will show up as purple in your reconciliation UI.
How to sync new transactions
To sync new transactions from Emburse to QBO, press the "Sync" button:
How to sync labels, categories, and locations
In order to sync labels, categories, and locations from Emburse to QBO, double check that the label, category and/or location exists in both Emburse and on QBO.
Then, click on the gear icon on the Chrome extension.
And select which items you want to sync
In the "Action" section, there will be icons whenever a receipt is added to the transaction on Emburse.
Paper clip - Receipt was attached to the transaction on Emburse
Warning - Receipt was marked as "Lost or Unavailable" on Emburse
Message - Note was copied over from Emburse