By using the Chrome extension, you can connect Emburse with Xero.
Download the Chrome extension
Follow the instructions here for how to download the Chrome extension.
Connect Emburse and Xero
After downloading the Chrome extension, log onto Xero.
1) Under "Accounting", click on "Add Bank Account"
2) Under "Find your bank", fill in with "Emburse" and click "Add it anyway".
3) For bank account details, fill the the Account name and "Account Type" as "Other"
4) When viewing the Accounts lists, you should see the link to "Import a bank statement to get started".
5) On the Xero "Import Bank Transactions" page, you'll find a button: "Connect Emburse Account"
6) After clicking "Connect Emburse Account", you'll have to login to your Emburse account to authenticate. This gives your Chrome extension access to read necessary information from your Emburse account as well as privilege to update accounting fields on transactions in Emburse.
7) To authorize, simply click "Authorize Application". After a successful authorization, you will be directed back to the reconciliation page.
8) The first time you connect an Emburse account, you'll see some settings modals. These are optional settings that allow you to customize what fields are auto-populated from your Emburse account.
9) Matched fields from Emburse will show up as purple in your reconciliation UI.
Sync new transactions
To sync your transactions from Emburse again, simply click "Sync Emburse Account" under the "Manage Account" dropdown on the reconciliation page.
Sync labels, categories, and locations
In order to sync labels, categories, and locations from Emburse to Xero, double check that the label, category and/or location exists in both Emburse and on Xero.
Then, click on the gear icon on the Chrome extension
And select which items you want to sync
Reconciling transactions on Xero
The name of the contact will need to be added in manually. As Xero learns from us, it will start to automatically populate the Who field.
Different companies have different accounting styles; some like to put "Emburse" and others like to put the name of the merchant.
This will link to the category that appears on Emburse. Make sure that both the category on Emburse and Xero have the same name so that this field can be automatically filled in.
This syncs with Emburse's Notes field.
This will link to the Department field on Emburse. Make sure that both the departments on Emburse and Xero have the same name so that this field can be automatically filled in.
This will link to the Location field on Emburse. Make sure that both the departments on Emburse and Xero have the same name so that this field can be automatically filled in.